Thursday, June 2, 2016

Welcome Back

Hi! My name is Jessalyn Russell, and I am so excited to be teaching at Gold Rush again this year. I love third grade and all the exploring, learning, problem solving and fun we get to have. What an amazing journey we are about to embark on together! You will not believe how much your child will grow this year.


I am the youngest of two children.  My older sister is a Teacher of the Visually Impaired in our home town, where both of my parents retired as educators.  I initially studied sign language in junior college, but after taking a job as a substitute teacher, I realized my true passion was teaching and joined the family profession. I graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education from New Mexico Highland University and moved to Arizona.  I taught third, fourth, and fifth grade in the Cartwright and Deer Valley School Districts for 13 years. I spent one year as a math teacher for 5th and 6th graders, one year as a Gifted Instructional Coach and four years as a Gifted Cluster Teacher.  I also have taught English in the Czech Republic for five summers with International Needs Network.


I loved living in Arizona but I made a huge leap of faith and followed my heart by moving to Highlands Ranch a year ago.  I have enjoyed every minute of this beautiful weather and experiencing 4 seasons.  I love playing and watching sports, especially softball and baseball, and have experience coaching girls basketball and softball.  I like to read, craft, and spend time with my beagle Snoopy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

May Newsletter

Literacy Read & Writing: Poetry Throughout National Poetry Month, we read all types of poetry; rhyming poems, haikus...